Saturday, January 12, 2008

Countdown

It's been a good week! Good results on the colonoscopy, teaching Wed. nite, had my 5 year old grand daughter spend the nite Thursday, and Friday had a great dinner with friends, Rich and Sally followed by leading worship for their Home Fellowship at Todd and Inki's, and I got my date for the reconnect surgery - Friday Feb. 8.

So less than 4 weeks togo to doing this all again - I'm really looking forward to getting it done and then be over it...and be well, God willing!

This morning I had a nice breakfast with my sister-in law, Nancy, and her husband Jake at the Daily News cafe in Carlsbad.
 
It was a beautiful morning on the coast and afterwards we went for a walk along the Carlsbad sea wall - a walk Joyce and I did quite frequently.

I think the next few weeks will be busy. I have a couple of short trips planned to visit friends in Phoenix and Twin Falls, Idaho. I will also be teaching Sunday mornings starting next week for the 3 Sunday's prior to my next surgery. I'm looking forward to the study and prep time as well as ministering to the flock the precious Word.

At tomorrow's services, the pastoral staff will be sharing with the congregation an annual
report of the great things the Lord did this past year as well as a look ahead for 2008. Yeah I know the Chargers are playing the Colts at
10am. - tape it and be at church! :-)

Love you all!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment