Sunday, August 5, 2007

One Month

Today, Sunday, it is one month since Joyce passed into heaven. This past week has been a little more level than the previous three. I'm having a greater sense of Joyce in heaven with the Lord. For a while there, all I could feel was the emptiness of her absence. The finality of her death and the reality that I would never see her again here in this life was overwhelming and obscuring the facts of the Scriptures. It was difficult to say with joy, "Joyce is with the Lord!",
because she wasn't with me. Pretty selfish I admit, but not easy to shake.

But this week there was some joy and tho the fog rolled in a few times, it didn't last too long.

Church this morning was special too. It just seemed like a big family gathering and for the first time in quite a while, I felt OK laughing and enjoying the fellowship. God is so faithful!

This coming week I hope to nail down a date for my colon surgery. I'm not really worried about it - just want to get it done and start moving forward with what God has planned. Also have another bereavement group meeting on Wednesday.

In His Arm's,

Pat

3 comments:

  1. Pastor Pat,

    What a blessing it is to hear that things 'are' getting better. Time does heal a broken heart. It was so wonderful to see you at the pulpit. To see you smile and joke. Like a mother hen trying to watch over her 'chicks' I want to take your hurts away. Things will get better with each day, but there will be days that the cloud of dispair will over shadow you. I still weep for my mother, and she has been gone for 33 years. I still weep for 'Sandy,' and he has been gone for 3 years plus. I am concerned about your surgery and pray all will go well. You are losing weight and I want to see you eating more to keep yourself strong (AND WELL), so you can return to the pulpit full time again. It will be a day of rejoicing when you do.
    keep looking 'up'for that 'silvery lining'. It is there. The clouds will roll in, but they will disapear. Before long, the days will be more sunny than cloudy.
    Please take care of yourself.
    God Bless....Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Pat
    I watch your sermons on channel 23 and I glad God has used you and your church for us to view the word being taught.
    I am glad to hear that you are feeling better and I know it's difficult to lose a loved one, she is in Heaven and God's plan for you continues. Remeber whatever God's plan is, you know it will be GREAT!!

    May God Bless you, and keep you.

    In His Love
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pastor Pat:

    We continue to read your updates, even though we are so far away. Life seems so overwhelmingly busy for us, yet our hearts recall you often in checking your site and in our prayers. The impact for the better that you and Joyce have made on our lives will NEVER be forgotten! We love you!

    In fact, your teaching to Steve of precept upon precept impacted him so major, that I have named the new children's curriculum after it developed by Family Blueprint. Pastor Dan Finfrock was a great blessing to me to teach me inductive Bible study too! How blessed we are to have sat under some incredible pastor/teachers and their precious wives!

    I did not sit under your teaching very often, but I remember so clearly one truth you taught me that made a difference in my lifetime of understanding forgiveness and restoration. When you taught me about Paul, Barnabas, and John Mark. You never know what truth you share will change a life and then continue to impact others like the domino effect.

    I really miss watching you and Steve play softball together in Escondido. Those were such fun days! I recall them often with a smile.

    Sending you blessings and prayers, The Bells

    ReplyDelete