Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday, 5-12-07

Good Saturday morning!

And may I say it's already much better than yesterday morning! As most of you know, Joyce had chemo on Thursday and handled it well. She was really exhausted by the evening and slept pretty good thru the nite - until about 4am Friday morning. She awoke in a lot of pain and hourly dosing with her pain meds did nothing to ease it. This continued into the late afternoon when she finally began experiencing some relief. At times during the day I just didn't know what else I could do to help her. Prayer and pills were the order of the day and tho I felt bad having to administer hourly what normally would be ever four hours, our home health nurse said it was critical to getting on top of the pain.

The Lord ministered to me thru the Psalms as well. I've been reading several Psalms a day and yesterday I was in Pss. 52-57. They spoke a lot about the mercies of God and His help and strength and protection in times of trouble. Some of the passages that helped me were:

Ps 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and He shall sustain you; he shall never permit the righteous to be moved.(NKJ)

Ps 56:3-4 Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God (I will praise His word), in God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?(NKJ)

Ps 57:1-2 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by. I will cry out to God Most High, to God who performs all things for me.(NKJ)

And now, this morning, Joyce slept well thru the night and woke up with no pain, ate a little breakfast, got showered and dressed and the calamity of yesterday passed by. Thank you Lord!

And from Psalm 63 today:

Ps 63:6-8 When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. My soul follows close behind You; your right hand upholds me.(NKJ)


On a technical note, someone left a comment that the backround graphic further down on my blog site made it difficult to read past posts. So noted and I'll ask our web servant to lighten it up to make the text easier to read.

Hope and pray your weekend is blessed!

In His Arm's,

Pat

1 comment:

  1. We continue to lift you up in prayer daily. You and Joyce are contantly in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete