Tuesday, December 16, 2008

prayer

Prayer is so crucial to fruitfulness in any ministry. It is often the least practiced yet the most needed. My ministry with Shepherd's Staff to missionaries and their sending churches and support teams needs a lot of prayer. The emails I write, the phone calls I make, the meetings I have, the conferences I attend, and my health - all need to be covered in prayer.

So I humbly ask you to pray with me for this ministry. I'm meeting with a missionary from the Philippines today, a mission's pastor who has three missionaries in the field with Shepherd's staff tomorrow, and a senior pastor of a large 'sending' church on Thursday. I also have about 25 missionaries I need to personally write/contact over the next couple of weeks. Please pray for wisdom and discernment and compassion - and the the Holy Spirit would minister words of encouragement and edification to all I speak to.

On the medical side, I did hear from my surgeon that he was starting the process to get my hernia repair surgery scheduled. Pray the timing of the surgery and recovery doesn't hinder too much my responsibilities.

Love you guys!

Pat

1 comment: