Friday, December 19, 2008

learning lots!

I am presently working thru making contact with the missionaries from the sending churches in my Western US region. In that process, I'm reading a lot of blogs and prayer updates and newsletters available online - posted by "my" missionaries or their churches. One evening this week I spent a couple hours just reading about a missionary family in Kyrgystan. Each missionary has such an amazing story of faith and obedience to God's call. And each one has had to endure hardship and trial and some, outright persecution.

I've not only been blessed but convicted as well. You can't start getting close to these folks without your own heart and walk being challenged.

My goal now is learning about and writing at least one of my missionaries a day for the next 3 weeks. After that it's time to start hooking up with each of their sending churches - and there's about 30 of them! So each day for the next few weeks will be a new learning experience for me.

In addition to the daily writing, over the next couple of weeks, I'm  meeting with local pastors, teaching at Calvary Vista on the 28th and representing Shepherd's Staff at the annual Calvary Chapel Mission's Conference in Murrieta Jan. 5-7. Then it's off to Phoenix for some training with Pastor Jeff and visiting with some missionaries home on furlough and some getting ready to be sent out.

Thanks to all of you who are praying for me and this work...can't do it without you!

In His Arm's,

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment