Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Scattering



Thanks to all who prayed for my family and I as we scattered Joyce's ashes about a mile out in the ocean, directly west of the end of the Oceanside pier. It was a pretty calm Sunday evening and the two hour journey went well. There were many tears and the ache in all our hearts was still pretty fresh. I shared with my family what I thought might be Joyce's perspective after a year in heaven. What would she say to us who were still on this side of heaven? I'm certain if she could, she would urge each of us to receive Jesus gift of eternal life by putting our trust in His sacrifice for our sins. I could almost hear her say, "You don't want to miss this! It's all more real than you could possibly imagine!"

After a little more sharing, the captain lowered the beautifully painted bio-degradable urn into the water covered with flower petals. We circled the site for a little while before heading back to the harbor.
In His Arm's,

Pat

1 comment:

  1. Oh Dear Pat,
    How sweet and precious to have your children by your side during this sobering and yet joyous occassion. Mixed emotions and bonding times. You are a blest man to have so many praying for you and your family.
    When we ALL get to Heaven, what a DAY of rejoicing that will be!!
    Love you so very much!!!

    ReplyDelete