Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday from Vajta

Last nite I visited Calvary Chapel Budapest - located smack in downtown Buda! The church is growing like crazy with two Wed. evening services and three Sunday morning services - 1200 plus of mostly 20-30 year old young people on fire for Jesus! I felt old but invigorated by this sweet and powerful move of God in the capital  city of Hungary.


Pastor Bill Goodrich taught the study on How much God loves us out of, primarily, Ephesians 1.


Before heading back to Vajta (about a 90 minute drive) we stopped by an overlook of the city all lit up and quite beautiful. It again was one of those bittersweet moments of remembering. Joyce and I had gone to that very spot 9 years ago. Even as we were driving into the city earlier in the afternoon, I could feel the twinges of missing her. The reality of her not being with me and not back home either hit me harder than I expected. Such is the nature of grief.

Yet in the midst of my personal reflections, God was and is doing an incredible work of revival and raising up a whole new generation to take the Good News of Jesus to the nations of Eastern Europe and beyond. I'm blessed to be a very small part of it all.

So the conference is going very well. Every day, Bryon and I are connecting with more and more really incredible people. I've had the opportunity to talk, counsel, and pray with many folks. Some, seasoned missionaries. Others, students, interns, and young people just stepping out into their areas of service and outreach. Good stuff!!!

Thanks again for all your prayer support. I do believe God hears and has certainly been sustaining me and keeping me strong. May He bless you deeply and use you today for His purposes and glory!

In His Arm's,

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment