Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday Update 5-4

All is well on the Kenney front :-)

This past week involved several doctor's visits, both with another surgeon to get a 2nd opinion on what's been causing my pain and a first visit to the Kaiser pain clinic. Both appointments were positive in narrowing down the cause - which now seems to be more neurological than muscular. Evidently, during surgery, a pocket of nerves became trapped by the procedure, and have been firing away, causing much of my discomfort. Good news is that, with time and treatment, they gradually quiet down. And normal activity will not cause any further damage. 

I've really been feeling a lot better since I returned from Chicago and am glad that things finally appear to be on the mend. As always, thanks so much for your continued prayer.

Ministry wise these next couple of weeks look to be pretty full. I know, I can hear it now, "Don't overdo it Pat!" I am pacing myself, walking more every day, as well as getting the rest my body needs. You all know my heart to be serving and I'm just grateful for the opportunities ahead to glorify Him and to edify and encourage His people - because they have sure been a huge encouragement to me these past couple of years.

Love to all of you!

In His Arm's,

Pat

1 comment:

  1. Dear Pastor Pat,

    So glad to hear that the Doctor's have finally given you some peace of mind to know that there is a reason for the pain and discomfort you have had to endure. We will continue to keep you in our prayers and will be trusting you not to push yourself too hard. You are so right, we do all know your heart and your desire to serve the body. But obviously, you have to take care of your physical body in order to continue your work. May God continue to keep you in his loving arms.

    All our love and prayers are with you always.

    Love In Christ,
    The Gomez Family

    ReplyDelete