Monday, December 18, 2006

12-19-06

On Tuesday morning Joyce meets with her oncologist. We're not real optimistic because she has been in pain and fatigue nearly every day the past few months. We'll get the results of her recent scans and mri's and blood work - and the docs recommendation for treatment.



We both have a peace this evening that no matter what we find out, God is in control. He'll be with us thru whatever is ahead.



I do have some concern about my own medical drama with the A-fib heart problem. Last post i mentioned my meeting with the cardiologist and his changing the meds I was taking for the past month to keep the ticker under control. Well, two days later, last Friday, I didn't like the way i was feeling and went back to the med he took me off of. It helped immediately but today he was insistent I stop the med and he gave me something different - and wants another EKG in a week. So while I'm struggling with Joyce's battle, this thing is lurking in the shadows.



Of course, I need to apply the same trust that God is in control of me too!





The season of Christmas has always been very special for Joyce, and even more so since our first grandchild, Kaylee, came along 4 years ago on the 20th of Dec. and our second granchild, Brooklynn, last September. So we have birthday parties and Christmas gatherings and Sunday services to prepare for and enjoy. We do need strength and peace. I'll post tomorrow what we find out about Joyce!



In His Arm's, Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment