Monday, October 30, 2006

10-30-06


Joyce and I got away Thurs thru Sat. lastweek. The staff had blessed us with a two nite stay at the Blue Lantern Inn up in Dana Point for our 25th Anniversary at CCE, which was back in July. We finally were able to use it and we had a wonderful time.

We're doing good with all the emotions surrounding the possible recurrance of Joyce's cancer. We just have to deal with each day fresh. The Lord is so good to us - truly His mercies are new every morning!

Today I was reading about Paul and Silas in Acts 16 and their imprisonment in the Philippian jail. They had been faithfully serving the Lord and proclaiming the Gospel in Philippi when they were arrested, beaten and thrown into the prison with their feet fastened in the stocks. No doubt they were physically hurting and probably emotional beat up too, yet at midnight they were praying and singing and the other prisoners were listening. You know the rest of the story. A strong earthquake hit and shook them free from the chains and their ministry continued.

In the bleakest of circumstances God was at work whether they "felt it" or not. That just ministered to my heart to continue praying and singing - not praying and worrying but praying with joy and peace in my heart, not forgetting that He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think - even while fighting cancer and pastoring the church. Our God is an awesome God! Pat

5 comments:

  1. Dear Pastor Pat and Joyce,
    Once again, you teach me by example. You are both such a blessing from God to so many people, more than you'll ever know. You were, are and will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding us that no matter what our own circumstnaces (Struggles) are that God remains in control. To keep on in our ministries and service to our Father in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastor Pat & Joyce,
    You have blessed myself and family thru your journey. We have had our health struggles too. Watching how your faith in and love for our Lord keeps you strengthened encourages me. You have been and will continue to be in my prayers.
    Blessings, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The Inn looks like a bunch of houses! [laughs] I'm sorry, but I can't forget what you said on Sunday morning about that boat out in the water. I haven't added it to the funny clips archive Miles started... but I may when I have the time.

    I am glad that God is continually ministering to both you and Joyce, carrying, teaching and growing you through this. It's a blessing to read and see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the wonderful reminder of Who is in charge! Diane and I were blessed also to stay at the Blu thanks to a strong rec my Mark "the shark" Turner. But nothing can be compared to our home which Jesus is preparing for us! Amen! Hello? Praisalluia!

    ReplyDelete