Tuesday, October 17, 2006

10-17-06

I am presently facing another mountain where I have to trust the Lord and
not lean on my fears. My precious wife, Joyce, is battling stage 4
metastatic breast cancer. Her cancer was declared to be in remission last
May and since then every two months she has testing done and meets with her
oncologist to monitor how she is doing. Her next meeting is next Tuesday,
10/23. The past couple of months have been marked by increased pain in her
right leg and hip and a couple other areas. It may be nerve damage and
arthritis accelerated by all the chemo she has had the past 3 years. It may
be something else and that's what looms large in my thoughts.

God has seen us thru many difficult and trying days - I am so greatful that
I know Him! My life and love has been deepened immeasurable thru this
constant onslaught. I think the most difficult part for me as a caregiver is
watching my helpmate hurt and being pretty powerless to stop it. And
perhaps it's not my place to stop it - really only the Lord can do that! My
place is to support and encourage and care and hold....and trust...and not
dwell on (lean on) my fears - Proverbs 3:5-6

pat@ccesco.com

2 comments:

  1. Wow! How transparent. I appreciate your openness. When I think about Joyce's condition, I have to remember that God did, in fact, do a miracle. It can be easy to forget. But He did. She is still in my continual prayers. She's such a sweet woman and I have been blessed by her life and joy. [smile]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Pat and Joyce,

    I along with many many more, I am sure, are praying for you. Best of all that many more includes One who knows your inmost being and the aches and desires of your hearts. He also knows first hand the sorrow, the joys and the pain you are experiencing and He loves you with a love that will never end and will continue to give you the strenght to persevere and endure increasing in you both character and a hope that can not and will not be a dissapointment. And for that I praise Him with you. Keep fixed your eyes upon Him our Lord and Savior, the author and perfector of your fainth, Jesus Christ. Lord Jesus I pray for another good report from Joyces appointment on October 23. Heal her O LORD and she will be healed, save her and she will be saved, for You O LORD are the One we Praise! Amen
    Love you both,

    Tina Schipper

    ReplyDelete