Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Update - August Part 2

Now for what's been happening and what's coming up.

As I'm sure is true for most of us, this summer is just zipping by! My grandaughters just started back to school yesterday. That almost seems unAmerican: having to go back to school before Labor Day - but I digress :-)

First, an update on my health. Lookin' good - thank You Lord! I am no longer dealing with that severe abdominal pain from my surgeries. There is occasional discomfort and I still can't do any crunches but I can live with that. I've been doing a lot of long beach/sand walks about three times a week and each for one to two hours in length. The only area that really hurt from all that was my feet!

Ministry wise I've done a little travel for Shepherd's Staff, met with a bunch of missionaries home on furlough, and been blessed to do some guest teaching for several churches in San Diego County, including the Men's ministry and Senior's Bible Study at CC Escondido, my home church.

There is also a lot coming up. My schedule for the next 10 weeks or so is as follows:

Monday evenings thru Dec. 14 - taking the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course at North Coast Church in Vista

Sunday, Aug. 23 - Guest teaching at Calvary Chapel Mid Valley in Encino, CA

Tuesday, Sept 1 - Julian Oaks Youth Ministries Board Meeting

Wed. Sept 9 - Jury Duty

Mon - Wed Sept. 14-16 Representing Shepherd's Staff at the Central & Northern Calif. Pastor's and Leader's Conference in Santa Cruz, Ca

Mon - Wed Sept 21-23 Representing SS at the Horizon 'Huddle' at the Twin Peaks conference center in the San Bernardino Mtns.

Fri. sept 25 thru Sat., Oct. 3 Seattle area. Sept. 28-30 representing SS at the Pacific Northwest Pastor's and Leader's conference

Oct. 12-14 - representing SS at the 'Send the Message' mission's conference at CC Spring Valley in Las Vegas.

Oct 15-22 New England; teaching at the NE Huddle in New Hampshire Oct. 19-21.

Shepherd's Staff has also been growing. We've added another 20 missionaries since the first of the year and there are several more 'in the chute' preparing to be sent out. I've been tasked with assisting in the initial interview process for new missionaries, which could add to my travel - but would be an awesome way to develop relationship with both the missionaries and their sending churches from the ground up.

As always, I deeply appreciate and covet your prayer in all this.

Yes, I'm busy - but never too busy for a phone chat or cup of coffee when I'm home. By the way, some have thought I moved to Albuquerque where the Shepherd's Staff offices are based. Nope!
I'm still living here in Escondido and working out of my home. So still lot's of opportunity for fellowship and hang time with friends and family.

That's about it for now. Keep growing in His love!

Pat

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pat,
    Really great to see that you will be a part of Julian Oaks Youth Ministries Board. The Lord has been amazing with this ministry that the Massa's Direct and are founders of. In a matter of a month they got 3 camps together including the name JOY Camp. I attended the first camp and was beyond blessed.
    Karen Bochinski
    (Dorcas Ministries)

    ReplyDelete