Saturday, November 11, 2006

11-12-06



Got a bit of a surprise Thursday afternoon. Went for an appointment to my HMO to have evaluated some shortness of breath and elevated heart rate incidents I've been having lately...ended up being taken by paramedics to Palomar Hospital's ER. I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation - a condition due to a disturbance in the electrical pathways of the heart. The ER doc gave me prescriptions for some new meds and sent me home that evening. He said my bloodwork indicated my heart was healthy - it showed no sign of a heart attack - but I do need to follow up with my regular doc to try and determine what's causing the irregular pattern of heart beats.

He said one of the causes could be anxiety or stress...I said, "Duh!"

I do want to thank all of you who have been commenting on my blog - and a special thanks for all you who have been praying for Joyce and I as we go thru these crazy times. God bless you all! Pat

3 comments:

  1. That's crazy Pat! But I'm glad you're all right! I'll keep praying for you and Joyce. See you in December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that was a bit of a scare! We were all in the car on the way to eat when Richard called us. All I heard was that you were in the hospital. What i immediately thought was if you were ok and if Joyce was ok! She must have been pretty scared too! But God answers prayers and thankfully you are all right! You guys are always in our prayers!
    --Christian Turner

    ReplyDelete
  3. [laughs] I don't know why I think the picture you posted is funny. Maybe it's because I wouldn't think you'd post up a picture like that of yourself for EVERYONE to see. But then you did show off what happened to your face that one time when you got hit by a softball. I'm glad you're okay. May God continue to carry you and Joyce through the tests and trials.

    ReplyDelete